As the 69th anniversary of the sinking of the heavy cruiser USS Indianapolis draws near, please take a moment to reflect on the crew of 1200 men who served their country proudly and especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Only 317 men survived to tell the story of this historic ship--36 are living today. Please join these World War II veterans as they remember and honor their lost shipmates, those who perished in 1945 and those who have passed since the sinking. The reunion will take place July 24-27, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency, Indianapolis. For your convenience, we have created a web site for the USS Indianapolis Survivors Organization reunion. We hope you will find this information useful as you plan your visit to Indianapolis. Special features of the web site:
* REUNION DETAILS: A copy of the reunion mailing can be downloaded, including the reunion newsletter, registration form, and preliminary program. This will be especially helpful for those who may not be on our mailing list.
* ONLINE REGISTRATION: To join the USS Indianapolis Survivors at their banquet on Saturday, July 26, 2014, you may register and pay for your ticket online. Seating at the banquet is limited; pre-registration and a $75 fee is required.
* DONATIONS: If you would like to make a donation to the USS Indianapolis Survivors Organization, please click the Donate link at the top of the home page.
* MERCHANDISE: We have established a CafePress site with several new merchandise options which can be ordered online. Please note these items are different from what will be available at the reunion merchandise store. We hope you enjoy the expanded selection.
* PARKING, HOTEL and AIRPORT INFORMATION: Coming soon.
* PLEASE CHECK BACK OCCASIONALLY: New information will be posted as it becomes available.
The link to the web site is: http://www.ussindyreunion.com/